By Koko Boocro
That academic achievers receive the same financing and glory as athletes and sports personalities.
That during the next election, there is no more national amnesia.
· That Government gives support to local produces to drive economic independence.
· That Jamaican patois, in all its amusing and colorful variations get more local acceptance.
· That more farmers would undertake growing local fruits on a larger scale.
· That more Jamaicans can appreciate and afford the luxury of a Jamaican vacation.
· That single parents need not be magicians with a minimum wage
· That the highest political positions will eventually have academic requirements.
· That the historic attractions in Hanover are no longer an open secret.
· That the international impact of Jamaican music will be beneficial not only to its singers but also musicians.
· That the knowledge of the types and uses of local medicinal plants passes on for generations to come.
· That the media houses stop copycatting and create more original content.
· That there was free access to more of our coastline and beaches.
· That we value as much as others do, all that we have to offer.
· That what is indigenous and cultural is more sought and valued than fake imports.
Blessed Love – Ria
Above is a list of things I sincerely wish for Jamaica and Jamaicans. Not in any particular order. I have many more wishes but will only share the shortlist.
Please support Marcus Garvey by sharing the link below: